Today’s Overwatch update brings with it two major changes – a new playable character, and a fundamental shift in how heroes are chosen before a match.
The extensive patch notes for this update introduce Sigma, who has already been available on the PTR for some time now. Now he’s being rolled out for all players on PC, Xbox One and PS4. Sigma is a new tank, A 62-year-old astrophysicist with gravity manipulation abilities. He’s able to launch two “gravitic charges”, which can bounce from walls and have a large area of effect, or use a kinectic grasp ability to freeze projectiles, turning them into shields. He’s also able to fling barriers around for his team’s protection, and attack enemies by hurling debris at them. His ultimate, Gravitic Flux, lifts enemies within range right up before slamming them back down.
Click To Unmute
Overwatch – Sigma PTR All New Tank Hero Gameplay Highlights
Fortnite Dev Gets Class-Action Lawsuit (Not For B.R.U.T.E. Mechs) – GS News Update
Borderlands 3 – Breaking Down FL4K’s Skill Tree
Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — August 11-17, 2019
11 Star Trek: Picard Theories – The Borg, Data, and Everything We Know So Far
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Multiplayer Mode Gameplay Highlights
Suicune Coming To Pokemon Go – GS News Update
Legion Season 3 Episode 8 “Chapter 27” Breakdown
Apex Legends – 1 VS 60 Solo Match Champion
Apex Legends – Iron Crown Collection Event
Apex Legends – Iron Crown Collection Event Trailer
The Outer Worlds Sequel Could Be An An Xbox Exclusive – GS News Update
Game Streaming Coming To Discord – GS News Update
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
The other major change is the new role queue feature. Role queue means that in Competitive Play, you’ll have to nominate your ‘role’ before finding a game, whether that means being a tank, support, or damage character. This means that in every Competitive match, each team will have two heroes of each type, and thus have a balance between support, damage and tank. Opinion has been mixed on whether or not this system is a good idea; it’ll be interesting to see how things play out now that the update is live.
Elsewhere, this patch introduces a lot of changes, additions and tweaks. Mystery Heroes mode is back, wherein players are randomly reset to a different hero in-between each round, and characters have been tweaked across the board. Interestingly, there’s been a global 12% increase to the cost of ultimates, as they’re currently “coming up too often”.
Here’s a full list of changes being made to the other heroes of Overwatch in this patch:
- Reload time per round decreased from 0.3 to 0.25 seconds.
- Healing amount increased from 100 to 130
- Self-healing from Inspire is now halved
- Now has 3 charges
- Healing amount changed from 150 to 120
- Now heals over 2 seconds instead of instantly
- If you throw multiple packs at the same person, the current duration will be extended by 2 seconds
- Out-going velocity increased from 60 to 80
- Retracting time reduced from 0.6 seconds to 0.3
- Barrier health reduced from 500 to 200
- Stun duration reduced from 0.9 seconds to 0.75
- Ultimate cost increased 10%
- Pilot ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- Quick melee no longer pauses ammo reload.
- Storm Arrows ammo reduced from 6 to 5
- Cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 9
New Passive: “Steadfast”
- Reduces knock back effects by 30%
- Duration on enemy players reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Activation time increased from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds
- Now lasts an infinite duration until destroyed
- Players can destroy their Teleporter with the ability 2 input
- Cooldown now starts when Teleporter is destroyed
- Maximum range increased from 25 to 30 meters
- Teleporter is destroyed if the entrance is more than 40 meters from the exit
- Damage increased from 300 to 350
- Increased projectile speed from 10 to 12, causing the mines to spread out more
- Reduced the activation time from 0.25 to 0.1 seconds