Blizzard Has ‘No Major Frontline Release’ Planned for 2019

Activision announced in its quarterly earnings call Tuesday that Blizzard will not have a major frontline release for 2019.

“Turning to Blizzard, we expect materially lower financial performance this year,” Activision said. “2018 benefited from the release of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, whereas we are not planning a major frontline release for 2019.”

Blizzard said it finished its fourth quarter with, “softness for its in-game revenues that will take time to stabilize and return to growth.”

The call also noted that, “While these factors will weigh on Blizzard’s financials this year, looking further ahead, Blizzard’s pipeline of PC, console, and mobile content is richer than ever, and we expect the significant addition of development resources to accelerate the pace of delivery over time.”

Continue reading…

The Flash’s Groundhog Day Parody Doesn’t Work

Warning: Full spoilers for The Flash Season 5, Episode 14 below. If you need a refresher on where we left off, check out our review for Season 5, Episode 13.

If The Flash is going to do a Groundhog Day-inspired episode, it might as well be one that airs 26 years to the day since that classic Harold Ramis comedy hit theaters. Unfortunately, try as it might, this episode couldn’t replicate that film’s appeal. It failed to mine enough humor or drama out of its repetition.

Conceptually, this episode is sound enough. While Barry is off is off in the Speed Force making the Goober reach 100% Goober-ness more quickly, Nora is left as the sole speedster protecting Central City. That hasn’t worked out super well for ehr in the past, and it isn’t long before Cicada resurfaces and things quickly go south. We’ve seen what happens when Barry mucks about with time travel once or twice at a time. 52 timeline rewrites brings things to a whole new level of bad.

Continue reading…

Marvel’s Daredevil and Luke Cage Could Be Saved by Hulu

After Netflix’s Marvel shows got cancelled this past year, Hulu has now voiced they are open to scooping them up and possibly reviving Daredevil and Luke Cage.

In an interview with TheWrap, Senior Vice President of Originals at Hulu, Craig Erwich, said they would be interested in any titles under the Marvel name.

“Marvel has a ton of titles we’d be interested in,” Erwich said.

“It kind of just depends on when they’re ready,

who, most importantly, is going to be behind these things,” he said.

Netflix cancelled three of its five Marvel TV shows in the past few months, including Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Leaving Jessica Jones with a third season coming out, and season two of The Punisher debuted last month without any announcement yet of a third season to follow.

Continue reading…

Jump Force Insane Ultimate Finisher Move Compilation

You need a javascript enabled browser to watch videos.

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.

This video has an invalid file format.

Sorry, but you can’t access this content!

Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot’s
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Spider-Man PS4 Director Reflects on the Game’s Development

In a panel at DICE today, Insomniac’s Ted Price and Bryan Intihar sat down to discuss the latter’s history at the company.

Inevitably, some of that discussion veered onto the topic of the company’s biggest hit, Spider-Man on PS4, for which Intihar was the creative director. On the way, we learned a few things about the game’s development – here are the highlights:

There Were Originally Too Many Gold Trash Cans

While discussing how Intihar learned to provide feedback during production, he gave an unexpected example:

“Do you want to know how it started originally? With me screaming about gold trash cans animating. That we had too many gold trashcans in the F.E.A.S.T. shelter, because I thought that was a big detail. I was like: there cannot be gold trashcans in this. And there was a point where one of our old environment artists just started putting gold trashcans in screenshots and sending them to me.”

Continue reading…

We’re Getting More Family Guy And Bob’s Burgers, As Both Shows Have Been Renewed

In addition to renewing The Simpsons, Fox has now renewed two of its other marquee animated shows for new seasons to air in the 2019-2020 season. Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers have been renewed, sources told The Hollywood Reporter. The renewal orders actually came quietly months ago, the site reported, though Fox has yet to officially announce the news.

Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers might not make a lot of money or attract the highest number of viewers, but they make lots and lots of money from streaming and merchandising deals, THR said. The same is reportedly true for The Simpsons.

Family Guy is in its 17th season, while Bob’s Burgers is in its ninth. According to THR, the deal to renew both shows was made months ago ahead of the closing of Disney’s deal to buy the majority of Fox’s assets, including Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, and The Simpsons, for $72 billion.

In addition to the new season of Family Guy, a report claimed that Fox was moving ahead with a new Family Guy movie–and it’s been a very long time coming.

As for The Simpsons, the show’s renewal order for Seasons 31 and 32 will bring the animated program up to an unthinkable 713 episodes.

Fighting With My Family Review

Hollywood wrestling movies usually fall into two categories: the serious drama of The Wrestler and Foxcatcher, or comedy flicks like King of the Ring and Nacho Libre. Stephen Merchant’s supremely enjoyable sophomore directorial offering, Fighting With My Family, is somewhere in the middle of both, though it definitely shares more in common with classic sports movies like Rocky and The Karate Kid as it follows the story of real-life wrestler Paige on her journey to becoming the youngest ever WWE Divas Champion.

Though it is a WWE production that stars Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Merchant’s is very much a British film. There’s something magical about the authenticity and realism that Merchant and his stellar cast–including Nick Frost, Lena Headey, and Florence Pugh, who is brilliant as Saraya A.K.A. Paige–bring to the story of a working class family of wrestlers and their daughter’s journey to the big time. It helps that the film is based on a 2012 documentary of the same name which gave an unprecedented look at the family, their struggles, and their success. The docu is a great watch and Merchant’s film does it justice whilst adding a little Hollywood sheen on the way.

Continue reading…

Our Metro Exodus Review – And Many More – Are Incoming

We’re now just hours – not days – from posting our review of the first of the five major games launching on Friday, February 15. Metro Exodus will be the first out of the gate, going up at 7am Pacific time on Wednesday, February 13. Make sure to come back and read/watch it while it’s hot! Or, you know, whenever – it’s not going anywhere.

That’ll be followed by our review of Crackdown 3’s single-player campaign (because multiplayer isn’t yet available for review) at 5am Pacific time on Thursday, February 14. You can expect a multiplayer review and overall review shortly after launch.

Jump Force and Far Cry: New Dawn reviews will be up at

Continue reading…

BioWare Wants To Make More Mass Effect Games

In 2017, following the tepid reception to Mass Effect: Andromeda, a report said that the Mass Effect franchise was put on ice. That may be the case, but now a pair of BioWare higher-ups have spoken about their eagerness to make more Mass Effect games … someday.

Mark Darrah, the executive producer Anthem and the Dragon Age series, told Polygon that BioWare is “definitely not done with Mass Effect.”

He said the Mass Effect universe is ripe with storytelling opportunities. “We could pull on the threads we put down with Andromeda; we could pull on threads from Mass Effect 3. There’s a lot of interesting space to be explored.”

BioWare general manager Casey Hudson is also quoted in the piece. He said the Mass Effect franchise is “very much alive.”

“I’m thinking all the time about things that I think will be great. It’s just a matter of getting back to it as soon as we can,” he said.

BioWare producer Michael Gamble weighed in on Twitter, saying BioWare is “of course” not finished making more Mass Effect games.

Sources told Kotaku in 2017 that BioWare is giving the Mass Effect franchise a rest instead of getting to work right away on another game to follow Andromeda. That title was the first that BioWare Montreal served as lead developer on; the developer previously acted as a support studio for other BioWare projects.

BioWare’s next big game is the multiplayer shooter Anthem, which launches later this month for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The studio is also working on a new Dragon Age game, and the first teaser can be seen here.

Would you like to see more Mass Effect games? Let us know in the comments below!

New PS4 Game Deals Now Live On PSN In The US

On top of Ubisoft’s ongoing PSN sale, a new selection of game deals are now available in the US PlayStation Store. Just as it has on Xbox this week, publisher Take-Two is offering deals on a range of games for PS4, PS3, and Vita–but they’ll only be discounted for a limited time.

On Sony’s current-gen console, players can get both BioShock: The Collection and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for $15 each. If you have a PSVR headset, you can purchase Borderlands 2 VR for $37.50. The acclaimed strategy game XCOM 2 is down to $15 as well, while its War of the Chosen expansion can be yours for $16.

If sports games are more up your alley, the latest entry in Take-Two’s annual wrestling series, WWE 2K19, is on sale for $19.80. Basketball fans can pick up NBA 2K19 for the same price ($19.80), while NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, a more arcadey take on the sport in the vein of NBA Jam, is down to $15.

On the PS3 side, players can get the individual BioShock and Borderlands games for very cheap; BioShock and BioShock 2 are $4 each (as are Borderlands and its sequel), while BioShock Infinite and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel are $6 apiece. The critically acclaimed military shooter Spec Ops: The Line is down to $6 as well, as is XCOM: Enemy Within.

You can see some other notable deals below; the full list can be found on the PlayStation Store. Much like the aforementioned Ubisoft sale, these deals will only be available until Friday, February 19, so you have until then to take advantage of the offers.

This Week’s PSN Deals

PS4

PS3